at Liz Bointon
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a wine trainer working for a high profile company with a strong interest in establishing, creating and managing a vast portfolio of brands and businesses including restaurants, bars, cafes and specialty coffee outlets.in Dubai – a unique destination that is both a dynamic business centre and a tourist paradise
Key Position Accountabilities
The job holder is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Planning and delivering the WSET training programs from levels 1-3, which would be approximately 1,000 people per year
- Develop a new tailor made program to train waiting staff in key on-trade outlets to junior sommelier level with a view to developing wine sales for the outlets and in turn MMI wine sales, targeting 30 customers in year one
- Deliver junior sommelier training program to a target of 30 waiting staff in year one including both classroom and in outlet training to F&B staff enrolled on the program. This will include a number of evenings per week.
- Liaise with the wine administrator and oversee the administration for WSET courses, ensuring that the programs are being run effectively
- Report monthly on WSET training numbers and passing scores as well as the costings per customer to be able to assess and justify the impact of the trainings being delivered
- Work together with the F&B managers of the accounts to analyse the success of the sommelier training both internally and to the customer.
- Design and administer feedback forms for all courses, making changes to the courses where required and tracking these changes in line with the WSET standards where applicable
- Organise the training facility and equipment ahead of the training schedule to ensure that the programme runs smoothly
- Emirates Airline training for premium cabin crew if required
- Assist at various MMI events outside working hours, such as wine dinners
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- 3 years` experience as a sommelier in a recognised restaurant
- Sommelier qualifications
- WSET to diploma level or the equivalent from other courses
- Extensive wine training experience delivering to employees from non-wine producing countries
- Work experience in UAE or Asia
- Has held Head Sommelier position
- Knowledge of the French language
These are the competencies that the job holder will be evaluated on in accordance with the Performance Management processes:
- Customer Focus
- Knowledge and Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking
In return you will expect to a receive a very generous tax free salary and a relocation package – details will be discussed.
Offers like this do not come around very often so if you feel this is you then please apply today.